The TomTom ONE 125 turned out to be one of this year's Black Friday stars. Aggressively priced, the ONE 125 is identical to the TomTom ONE 130, except that it only includes maps of the U.S., and not Canada too (as found on the 130).
I had suspected that the points of interest (POI) database might be reduced, but have confirmed that this is not so (other than the missing Canadian POIs of course). This is a basic unit though -- it has the smaller 3.5" touch screen and lacks text-to-speech, so you'll hear "turn right" rather than "turn right, Maple Street."
The ONE 125 includes the Easy-Port mount, which stows on the back of the device. It also includes Map Share, which allows you to make certain map corrections on the device, share them with others, and receive their corrections as well. A Help Me! feature allows you to locate nearby emergency services. You can read more about Map Share and Help Me! in my TomTom GO 730 review.
The first TomTom ONE 125 reviews have begun to show up online, and they sound pretty positive so far...
TomTom ONE 125 reviews
- Consumer-authored TomTom ONE 125 reviews have been posted at Amazon
- GPS Lodge has posted a TomTom ONE 125 review
- I'll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some...
Other TomTom ONE 125 resources
- The official TomTom ONE 125 web page
- Use the TomTom product adviser to help determine which unit works best for you
- There are several good TomTom message forums:
Compare prices on the TomTom ONE 125 at these merchants:
- Check the current TomTom ONE 125 price at Amazon
- Get the TomTom ONE 125 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator for an incredibly low price at BuyDig.com
- Check out the deal on the TomTom ONE 125 at REI.com, where satisfaction is guaranteed and members get 10% back on eligible purchases
- Get the TomTom ONE 125 Portable Automotive GPS Navigation System ON SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST at TigerGPS, where you get free shipping on orders above $250
- Get the TomTom ONE 125 for an amazing price on eBay