The Lowrance iWAY 250C is a compact GPS navigator, measuring only 4"W x 3"H x 1"D. Featuring turn-by-turn directions, an MP3 player and photo viewer, the iWAY 250C comes pre-loaded with maps of the U.S. and Canada or Western Europe.
Its maps are on a 2 GB MMC/SD card, which has 40 MB free for MP3 files and photos. This isn't quite as nice as the iWAY 350C, which has a 4 GB hard drive for maps, freeing up the MMC/SD card for entertainment.
Before we hear from others, let's see what Amazon has to say in their Lowrance iWAY 250C review:
"The new iWay 250C makes a perfect fit for any car, any pocket, and even the smallest budget! Now, from the SEMA Award-winning iWay line of mobile navigation products comes a new niche-filling option. Sleek, Handy, Portable, with multimedia extras."
Read the full Amazon Lowrance iWAY 250C review.
Here's what others are saying about the Lowrance iWAY 250C:
- PC Magazine has posted their Lowrance iWAY 250C review, giving it 3-1/2 out of 5 stars.
- Laptop Magazine has also posted a Lowrance iWAY 250C review, giving it 3 out of 5 stars.
- Some great Lowrance iWAY 250C reviews, complete with screen shots, are showing up on the GpsPasSion message forum.
- A number of user-posted Lowrance iWAY 250C reviews have shown up on Amazon.
I'll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some other helpful resources:
- A PDF version of the Lowrance iWAY 250C owners manual.
- The Lowrance iWAY 250C quick start guide.
- There is a Lowrance iWAY message forum at GpsPasSion.
Compare prices on the Lowrance iWAY 250C at these merchants:
- Find the low price on the Lowrance iWAY 250C using our ShopLinc comparison shopping tool.
- Check the current Lowrance iWAY 250C price at Amazon.com.
- Get the Lowrance iWAY 250C for an amazing price on eBay.
Feature list from the Lowrance iWAY 250C web page:
- * Sunlight-viewable, 16-bit color TFT touch-screen display
- * 320H x 240V pixel resolution
- * 3.5" (8.9 cm) diagonal display size
- * Super-bright, white LED backlit screen
- * Built-in, precision GPS receiver with flip-up antenna
- * Optional, compact RAA-5 remote GPS antenna with built-in magnet
- * Simplified touch-screen menus
- * Three selectable mapping displays: 2-D Track Up, 2-D North Up, and Elevated 3-D
- * Turn-by-turn audio and visual cues, including auto-zooming and automatic recalculation of directions after a missed turn
- Straight-line navigation feature for off-road and marine use
- 7 voice direction languages
- 12 display text languages
- Street address searching, plus auto-routing choices to choose or avoid Toll Roads and Interstates, and avoid Left-Hand Turns
- Mega-memory storage for up to 1,000 addresses
- Includes 2GB MMC/SD card preloaded with NAVTEQ® mapping detail for the USA & Canada or Western Europe featuring millions of accessible Points-of-Interest (40MB of free space on the memory card for MP3 audio or JPEG picture files)
- Supports all current plug-&-play map/chart options from Lowrance (FreedomMaps™, Fishing Hot Spots® Elite, LakeMaster® ProMaps, and NauticPath™)
- Maps can be updated through the internal USB port with a PC
- Safety Passenger Mode allows a passenger to use the GPS features while the car is in motion
- Full-featured stereo MP3 audio playerwith digital media card slot for loading audio files with an SD/MMC memory card
- Full-featured picture viewer displays JPEG photos stored on MMC/SD memory cards
- Operates on internal lithium ion rechargeable battery
- Integrated speaker plus connector support for stereo line out, DC power, USB and optional remote active antenna
- 4"W x 3"H x 1"D (10.61cm x 7.62 cm x 2.54 cm)
- Full one-year warranty
- Stylus for touch-screen operations (with built-in holder)
- 12 vDC plug power adapter for power and recharging
- Suction-cup mounting bracket for windshield applications
- Adhesive-backed, European-styled dash mounting plate
- USB to PC interface cable